2023 AAE Arizona Cup General Information
Tournament Venue Location:
Ben Avery Shooting Facility – FITA Archery Event Range
37016 North Archery Dr, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Early Registration Fee through March 27th.........$190.00
Late Registration Fee effective March 28th..........$225.00
Champions Purse Fee*............................................$115.00
USA Coach Credentials are available for pre-purchase on the USA Archery website. Coach credentials will NOT be available for purchase on-site. Please make sure you order them in advance. Questions? Please contact: email@example.com
Also Available for Purchase:
Open Practice (4/13/2023).....$15.00 per athlete
Merchandise is available for pre-purchase during registration.
Premium seating will be available for 2023 and available during registration.
*Archers shooting in the Senior Recurve, Compound or Barebow categories are eligible to participate in the Champions Purse.
USA Archery Membership: All USA participants must be a current member of USA Archery. NFAA members may be allowed per USA Archery temporary membership policy. See USA Archery website for additional membership information and additional steps to qualify. Please check to see if your membership expires prior to the tournament and renew prior to the tournament. At tournament check-in, please have your current membership card available if needed.
Non-USA Membership: Must be a current member of another World Archery member association. Your World Archery member association must be in good financial standing with World Archery before you will be allowed to compete.
Competition Rules & Format:
U18 (Cadets) – through the calendar year of your 17th birthday.
U21 (Juniors) – through the calendar year of their 20th birthday.
Seniors – participants may compete as a senior at any age they wish.
Para Division offered in Recurve and Compound for Senior age class.
50+ (Masters) – participants may compete as a master when the competition takes place in the year of their 50th birthday and thereafter.
- Fixed Pins
Recurve & Barebow – 122cm target face
Compound & Fixed Pins – 80cm target face (6-ring)
All Compound, Fixed Pins & Barebow Archers – 50 meters
Recurve Cadet & Masters – 60 meters
Recurve Junior & Senior – 70 meters
72 arrows total
6 Arrow Ends
4 minutes per end
The top 64 archers in each division will qualify for the Olympic Round match-play.
Archers shoot 3 arrows per end.
2 minutes per end
Recurve & Barebow – first to 6 set points wins.
Compound & Fixed Pins – 5 ends. Archer with the highest cumulative score wins the match.
Separate brackets for: (Archers ranked by their qualification round score.)
- Compound Cadet Men
- Compound Cadet Women
- Fixed Pins Cadet Men
- Fixed Pins Cadet Women
- Recurve Cadet Men
- Recurve Cadet Women
- Barebow Cadet Men
- Barebow Cadet Women
- Compound Junior Men
- Compound Junior Women
- Fixed Pins Junior Men
- Fixed Pins Junior Women
- Recurve Junior Men
- Recurve Junior Women
- Barebow Junior Men
- Barebow Junior Women
- Compound Senior Men
- Compound Senior Women
- Recurve Senior Men
- Recurve Senior Women
- Barebow Senior Men
- Barebow Senior Women
- Compound Masters Men
- Compound Masters Women
- Recurve Masters Men
- Recurve Masters Women
- Barebow Masters Men
- Barebow Masters Women
- Separated by Division for Qualification Rounds, Combined with able-bodied for Eliminations
- Recurve Open (Para) Senior Men
- Recurve Open (Para) Senior Women
- Compound Open (Para) Senior Men
- Compound Open (Para) Senior Women
- W1 (Para) Men/Women
IMPORTANT DATES: The AAE Arizona Cup will be open until space is filled. Please register early to secure a spot at this event.
- Open Individuals: Individual registration should be open by January 2nd, 2023. All individual registration will be done online. Space is limited to the field capacity and will close when full, so register as soon as possible. There is no on-site registration. Payment must be received at the time of registration to reserve a shooting position. If the venue does reach capacity, a wait list in the order received will be maintained.
- Registration Deadline: Registrations will be taken until 11:59 PM on Friday, March 27th. If the field reaches capacity before this date, a waitlist will be maintained.
- Cancellations: Refunds will be processed through March 24, 2023 with a 15% fee withheld. Email notification of cancellation is acceptable. No refunds after March 27th, 2022. (Exceptions will be considered for those divisions that have a waitlist and a spot is able to be filled.)
Waiver: All archers and officials must sign a liability and photo waiver and agree to codes and pledges prior to participating in tournament activities. Archers under 18 years of age must also have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver. Please review the TERMS & CONDITIONS required for the registration process.
USAT & Junior/Cadet/Master USAT Qualifier: USA Archery has selected the 2023 AAE Arizona Cup as a USAT Qualifier.
Requirements and ranking information may be found at https://www.usarchery.org/high-performance/united-states-archery-team
Schedule: Schedule and format is subject to change due to weather delays, unforeseen conditions, and final registration. The competition may extend up to sunset on Sunday April 16, 2023 for Senior/Master Eliminations. If the tournament is stopped before completion, then the current archer standings at that time may be considered final. Please make sure to plan all travel arrangements accordingly.
Wednesday, April 12
- World Archery Youth Championship Trials
7:30AM-5:30PM (more details to come)
Thursday, April 13
- Unofficial Practice 10:00AM-4:00PM $15 per archer
Friday, April 14
- 8:00-10:30AM - Official Practice
All Cadet & Junior Divisions and Equipment Inspection
- 10:45AM - Qualification
All Cadet & Junior Divisions with 3 ends of practice
- 3:15-5:30PM - Official Practice
All Senior & Master Divisions and Equipment Inspection
Saturday, April 15
- 8:00AM - Qualifications
All Senior & Master Divisions with 3 ends of practice
- 1:00PM - Eliminations
All Junior & Cadet Divisions with 2 ends of practice
Sunday, April 16
- 8:00AM - Eliminations
All Senior* & Master Divisions with 2 ends of practice.
*Through medal matches except for Senior Recurve/Compound Age Classes
- 2:00-3:00PM- LIVE Gold Medal Matches
Senior Recurve Men & Women
Senior Compound Men & Women
Prize Money Payouts:
Senior Compound & Recurve
Master Compound & Recurve
2022 Tournament Details - COVID-19:
The following protocols are in effect as of 12/29/2021 per the Ben Avery Shooting Facility & Game & Fish Department. Please make sure you read and understand prior to registration.
1. All attendees are required to wear a face covering when entering any public building or restroom.
2. A face covering is required if you are unable to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more.
No masks are required while shooting and there will be 4 archers shooting per bale.
BEFORE QUALIFICATION, YOU MUST HAVE:
Checked in at the main administration area and received your athlete packet - US archers must have their current USA Archery membership card available if requested.
Equipment must be checked at the Judge's Equipment Check area.
Ready to sign up?
Click on the button to the right to register today!